Saturday, September 20, 2008

Top 5 Pinoy Internet Superstars

People are in the Internet because they are famous. But to some people, they became famous because of the internet. Here is my quick list of Pinoy Internet Superstars, who earn audiences/followings not only in the Philippines but also in other parts of the world.

5. Inmates of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center, Cebu, Philippines

18,084,608 views on youtube and still counting. These inmates, the scums of society(excuse me for the term), amazed the world with their dancing. Not because they are better dancers than Michael Jackson but their wanting for change and reformation. Their warden must win some kind of award for talking these robbers,rapists,killers etc into doing the "zombie thriller dance".



4. MoyMoyPalaboy

Moymoy and Roadfill are brothers who won the heart of Filipinos with their Lipsynching powers. They were discovered by Bubble Gang in Youtube and everything else is history. This is one of my favorite MoymoyPalaboy video ;



3. Charice Pempengco

Yep, the runner up to Makisig Morales in a Child singing contest is already an international singing sensation. She's been guesting in several big US shows like Oprah and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Her last gig was with Celine Dion. Guess she's bigger in the US than here in our country.



2. Arnel Pineda

From a club band singer to Frontman of "The Journey". What can I say? "He's a SUUUUPEEERRRR LUCKY GUY". I should have placed him in number 3 though, but my stepdad's acquaintance with Arnel and the AMO band in his Olongapo days compelled me to consider him for Number 2. This is my favorite Journey song performed with Arnel.



Save the best for last My number 1 pick

1. HAPPY SLIP

Christine Gambito is LOVE!!! NUff said!! hahaha...



That's it. My top 5 Pinoy Internet Superstars.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...
September 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM

ey, sorry. not so smart moment. i clicked the wrong thing. ako 'yang anonymous comment. - cecille =)

Statistics

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

My Blog List

Powered By Blogger