Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Free Mind

8:37 AM by Irvin Ryan ·
Labels: ,
I am a Big Fan of Francis Magalona,in fact I still have my cassette tapes with me. I love the messages in his songs. There's patriotism in every word. I'm one of those people who are used to seeing him do his stuff in Eat Bulaga everyday and the news about him getting sick and not being able to be part of the show (for some time) saddened me. Being an 80's kid in the Philippines really has something to do about me being emotional(nostalgic fan emo, that is) about it. I grew up singing "Mga Kababayan Ko" and "Kaleidoscope World" and it was engraved in my mind that the author of those songs is immortal, noble and strong. I am partly wrong, cause back then my mentality is set on the physical realm/aspects but then I am 100%right 'cause there's more in him that we, fans/admirers/followers/FRIENDS/Countrymen, should see... and that is the "Immortality of His Songs", the "Nobility of his Mind" and the "Strength of His Faith".

"Today, September 25th, 2008 is the day I learned that Cancer isn't all about death. It's about LIFE. And today I celebrate and embrace that life.

Today was a day of reckoning. I went to my doctor at her clinic, and from the smile on her face as she entered the room, I knew The Lord, Jesus Christ gave me a reprieve. I knew that someone, somewhere made a prayer, and continues to pray for me, my family and my recovery.
And Jesus heard it.

I am a sinner, and I will continue to sin, for I am just a man. But the Saviour has forgiven me and will continue to forgive me. This God who became man spilled His blood for me during my 36 days in the hospital. And even before that He suffered, and today He spilled some more of His blood, for me to get the good news.
This is the only thing I can do, to write about His goodness, amidst this badness I am going thru. " --- Francis Magalona -- from one of his blog entry.

I remember my times of panic, sometime last year, when I saw signs of health problem. I'm so paranoid, I had poor sleeping habits, I watched every food I take and I get too stressed thinking about it . I thank God that it wasn't serious/life threatening.
But really in those times you got to be thankful, cause there are people who showed how much they care and how much they love you, they're support got me through the depression, I drew strength from them cause I'm really not that strong as Kuya Kiko is(makiki-Kuya na din ako ha). In those dark times you got to be able to prove also that Prayer moves the Hand of God and you got to confess it each day that you are healed cause Jesus won the battle over sickness on the cross, for us.

Kuya Kiko...Keep the faith... wish you good health and a speedy recovery. Much love and respect!!! God bless...

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...
October 9, 2008 at 7:55 AM

I am a child of the 80's too.

Good to see that your prayers were answered. I know this has strengthened your spiritual beliefs. It is during the hard times that we grow in spirit.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Blessings

Anonymous said...
October 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM

i'm a fan, too. i used to visit his multiply site regularly and was just amazed by his transformation. he's been sober and clean for years now. i hope he gets through this. he takes amazing photos too. another reason to admire this guy.

Statistics

Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines

My Blog List

Powered By Blogger